Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) RF/Microwave Engineer
The Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) RF/Microwave Engineer provides RF/microwave, discipline specific, design expertise to programs in the areas of Design For Manufacturability (DFM), Design For Testability (DFT), Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC), and Transition to Production (TTP). The P2L RF/Microwave Engineer will functionally report to the P2L Capability Group (CG) Director, within the ES Defense Hardware Engineering Organization. For program execution, the P2L RF/Microwave Engineer will report to the RF Front End and Converters Capability Group (RFFE-C CG) Lead and will be a working member of the RFFE-C Capability Group. In this role, he will serve as the CG’s focal point and is charged with providing technical leadership, support, and direction for new product designs intended to be transitioned into Operations from Engineering. Focusing on affordability and producibility activities early in the design process, theP2L RF/Microwave CG Engineer will help drive technology trends into our factories to maximize design flexibility, increase manufacturing capability and lower production costs. Core responsibilities include:
- The P2L “RF/Microwave” CG Engineer is a “Design for Excellence” (DFX) practitioner versed in DFM, DFT, DTUPC and Transition to Production (TTP) methods, tools, and best practices – specific to RF / microwave designs
- Responsible P2L Engineer for providing RF/microwave design expertise on hardware products including participation in all internal design reviews and architecture review boards
- Drives producible product architecture early in the product life cycle providing a “Left Shift” mentality to engage DFM, DFT and DTUPC compliance.
- Provides expertise in the areas of Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRAs) as well as Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs) for RF/Microwave products
- Responsible for following the Systems, Hardware, and ITE Engineering processes. Enforces the use of RF/Microwave design guidelines during product development.
- Serves as conduit to necessary Operations staffing to include Advanced Manufacturing, Process/Test Engineering, and Product Engineering
- Collaborates on Make/Buy decisions consistent with the Manufacturing Realization Strategy and Factory Capability Matrix
- Ensures preferred part and supplier selection alignment with supply chain strategy.
- Utilizes Design to Cost (DTC) based on a Price-to-Win as a methodology to drive RF/microwave designs to converge on cost instead of allowing cost to converge on design
- Understands design margins and predict factory and supplier yields through CpK analysis.
- Serves as conduit between the Engineering team and Operations for resolving technical problems and for providing rapid prototyping technical support
- Participates in P2L proposal and cost estimating activities on behalf of the RFFE-C CG
Understands and implements a zero defect mentality Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Bachelors Degree and 8+ year(s) related experience
- Capable of leading P2L RF/microwave efforts on small/medium project teams
- Background in product development, DFM, DFT, New Product Introduction (NPI) to rate manufacturing, manufacturing process, and manufacturing readiness
- Practical understanding of product development and the DoD product development lifecycle
- Background in engineering and manufacturing principles
Preferred Skills and Education · Experience with ADS modeling and simulation
- RF / microwave manufacturing and test experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top