The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales and marketing, and providing support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in cross domain solutions, software development, and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time Preferred Skills and Education · Act as a leader within the company
- Technical background, with experience in cybersecurity solutions
- Managing existing and developing new Reseller agreements,
- Assist with answering proposals and RFIs
- Identifying and developing partner relationships for the product.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top