BAE Systems is seeking a highly technical, motivated and experienced Semiconductor - Senior Product Engineer to join the AMP Center (Advanced Microwave Product) as a product leader in the III-V semiconductor wafer foundry.
The Senior Product Engineer (SPE) will work on new products and previously released products, and ensures that products shipped meet specification and quality goals. Whenever needed, the SPE will support and interact with program management office (PMO) members, MMIC design group and advanced process development group during the development of bids/contracts, focusing particularly in translating customer requirements into wafer product specifications. The SPE may act as a central resource to assist with releasing new wafer products into production. The SPE serves as a member of NPI team (New Process Introduction) to ensure that wafer products meet manufacturability, testability, reliability and quality requirements.
Successful candidates must be able to lead cross-functional team effort in MMIC wafer platform development, wafer manufacture and management, particularly focusing on wafer platform producibility (proof of concept, verification, validation and qualification). Thereby collaboration with MMIC design, RF test, validation and application engineering is required.
Individual is to be accountable for product line deployment, support with statistical yield analysis, yield control, process quality, and cycle time reduction of assigned MMIC wafer platforms and related devices. The SPE is also responsible for debugging wafer test issues and/or yield issues that may arise during wafer fab production, as well as debugging potential customer returns and driving FMA (Failure Mode Analysis) and closure of related corrective actions.
- Plans and manages the product development activities associated with all assigned development programs. Supports released wafer products through all phases of production.
- Works and interfaces with AMP Center's customers (both internal and external) to prevent quality or performance issues and to resolve those that occur. Driving failure analyses and corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures customer requirements are properly identified and relayed to the engineering organization for execution.
- Drives manufacturability by working with all aspects of the organization to develop/review documentation/methods in support of providing strong manufacturing solutions to production
- Sustains and improves processes including continuous improvement activities. This involves maintaining and developing product datasheets, process control plans and process specifications, product travelers and engineering changes in accordance with company and customer specifications.
- Performs statistical analysis, identifies yield enhancement opportunities across all product platforms (GaN and GaAs) and develops projects to achieve yield improvement. Evaluates inline yield excursions and scrap events; drives root cause and corrective actions to address them.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Physics, or other related field) with 12+ years of experience in product engineering in the semiconductor manufacturing industry, including 5 years in wafer fabrication with test yield analysis.
- New product development and product sustaining experience in Product Engineering discipline.
- Strong knowledge of GaAs and GaN-based MMIC (Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit) fabrication technology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at various organizational levels.
- The individual must be able to function in a team environment, leading team toward root cause of scrap and providing corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Strong analytical experience with categorizing failures and test results. Data driven / results oriented with a high level of initiative and a desire to make a positive impact on a manufacturing organization.
- Experience with SAS/JMP is a plus and other engineering design, modeling or simulation software.
- Working experience with ERP/MRP, MES and PLM application software/databases such as Oracle/Discoverer, Promis/PRS Composer, Solumina, DS Enovia.
- Proficiency in applying SPC for continuous improvement is required.
- Knowledgeable with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to perform job functions in a wafer foundry clean-room environment.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or other related field with 7 years of relevant industry experience is desirable.
- Able to work proactively on identifying problems and solve them
- Able to work on the bench testing and characterizing wafers and semiconductor devices.
- Experience with automated test equipment and bench instrumentation
- Able to plan and execute to meet critical deadlines and deliverables
- Mastering statistical methods and data analysis tools and a solid background in decision-making and use of Design-of-Experiments is a plus.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification is desirable.
- Hi-reliability product engineering experience and knowledge of MIL-STD, ISO and AS91XX standards desired. Excellent organization and management of serialized data strongly desired.
- Prior experience with customer interfacing is a plus.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top