Process/Product Engineer in Support of IEWS programs.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains product build processes for repeatable fabrication of electronic systems
- Initiates development of tools and fixtures to support product builds
- Leads factory personnel to build robust quality products
- Identifies and implements changes in product flow to support the production through-put
- Practices and leads lean manufacturing principles
- Drives root cause and corrective action activities using logical problem solving methodology
- Forecasts capital equipment based on production volume and evaluation of industry trends to improve product quality and consistency
- Provides bids and proposals for non-recurring process engineering support to programs.
- Monitors designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing processes
- Analyze trends and defect data from factory to determine areas to focus on to improve manufacturing yield
- Lead Corrective Action Board meetings for factory and apply appropriate actions to improve manufacturing yield
- Provides technical direction, mentoring and training of junior engineers where appropriate
- Communicates effectively with engineering program team in order to improve product design and production throughput
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Must be self-motivated and independent- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability in applying SPC, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel Preferred Skills and Education – Master’s degree.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt training
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top