Our employees work on the worlds most advanced EO and IR systems. We provide affordable and highly accurate precision guidance and sensing solutions, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced electrical or mechanical engineer who possesses proven engineering experience with complex integrated military avionic/electronic hardware and related test equipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well in a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment and have knowledge and experience supporting electro-mechanical based products and test equipment in a fast-paced production and clean room environments.
This position requires the individual to have a well-rounded background with knowledge of building, testing and troubleshooting electro-mechanical products and test equipment. They should also have hands on experience with electrical and electro-mechanical products, as well as test equipment for supporting a production environment. Candidate will also support the manufacturing, repair and continuous improvement efforts related to complex electro-mechanical products and test equipment used in Space and Military environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Experience with using electrical instrumentation/analyzers to troubleshoot production builds.
- Must be able to identify opportunities for manufacturing improvements, cost reductions and next generation technologies that could impact competitiveness.
- Test and troubleshoot electro-optical and mechanical sub-assemblies working directly with production personnel as required.
- Interface with Systems Engineering, Operations, Quality, Procurement and other supporting groups to drive non-conforming product to root cause.
- Generate and implement improvements in production, test design and methodology to reduce cost and increase throughput.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation.
- Interface with customers, auditors, and suppliers as required.
- Provide training/support to manufacturing test personnel.
- Set-up and operate a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Troubleshoot testing systems for root cause in case of failure.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined engineers and related teams for test requirement, validation and improvement efforts.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience working with electrical and electro-mechanical and basic electronics. Candidate should be familiar with test equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators
- Familiarity with test equipment and calibration process
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills interfacing with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or relevant engineering degree plus 6 years of work experience
- Lean Manufacturing Experience; preferably Green Belt certified
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top