Procurement Proposal Manager
The BAE Systems site in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking a Procurement Proposal Manager to support Combat Vehicles. In this role, the manager will:
- Oversee a team of three proposal analysts;
- Plan and schedule proposal efforts, compiling cost, schedule and technical elements of each effort;
- Obtain and review data regarding material cost to be disclosed in accordance with TINA regulations;
- Document material pricing information to provide evidence of pricing strategy and support of proposed dollars;
- Prepare pricing package for submission to the pricing department;
- Audit pricing package for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to applicable compliance standards, including FAR and DFAR;
- Review material pricing for reasonableness through comparison to previous pricing efforts and previous purchase history;
- Analyze supplier quotations to ensure pricing was submitted in accordance with requirements specific to the proposal effort, as well as general public law, FAR, and DFAR;
- Brief the Phoenix supply chain manager, contracts and program managers regarding material variations in preparation for price contract negotiations;
- Serve as liaison/POC for procurement proposal efforts and communication with other functions, as well as the Combat Vehicles proposals group.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline and 6 years procurement experience is required with preferably no less than 4 years experience working directly in proposal efforts;
- Minimum 4 years management/ supervisory/ leadership experience;
- Experience working with, and knowledge of, public law, DFAR, and FAR;
- Computer proficiency in MS Suite including Project and Excel;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and abilities.
- Past experience with Oracle or another MRP system is greatly beneficial;
- Certification or degree in Supply Chain or Finance is a plus!
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top