Procurement Program Liaison
Works under direction of Director of Procurement to provide program leadership and management within Procurement organization to assure departmental and customer integration of new programs from proposal to vehicle delivery; responsible for leading proposal preparation, presenting proposal data at cost reviews, monitoring and assisting on‑time material delivery and material quality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Leads Procurement management strategy sessions and buying staff kick‑off meetings to establish proposal process and milestones.
- -Develops Procurement proposal quotation schedule and strategy; writes and coordinates Procurement proposal instruction letter.
- -Monitors Procurement proposal activity; develops and coordinates final proposal costs and presents costs to Procurement management and at review meetings.
- -Reviews final costs in preparation for cost reviews; involves other related departments as required to investigate possible costing errors and to review final bill of material to assure correctness.
- -Reviews Program Authorizations and releases Administrative Contract Memos to Procurement.
- -Leads Procurement mini‑program and proposal reviews to assure progress to schedule for material delivery and quality.
- -Coordinates all Procurement Managers to assure program meets production schedule dates; acts as key Procurement interface to customer.
- -Develops and presents monthly updates to vehicle program managers with regards to Procurement activities.
- -Acts as Procurement Director periodically when delegated.
- -Works key supplier quality, delivery and cost issues.
- -Develops negotiation strategy along with Procurement and Subcontract Manager for key suppliers; participates as Procurement team member at customer negotiations.
- -Develops and presents Procurement data at Program Quarterly Management Reviews (QMR’s) and internal Program Status Reviews (PSR’s).
- -Presents small businesses and small disadvantaged businesses to buying staff for possible placement of orders; introduces new suppliers to procurement process.
- -Contacts within BAE Systems frequently with administrative/executive personnel, consulting on procurement needs; contacts with vendors and government representatives requiring tact and judgment.
- -Probable errors may cause serious delays in operations and considerable time and expense; errors in decisions and recommendations may affect customer/government relations.
- -Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- -Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Relevant Bachelor’s degree (typically Business Administration) + additional 5 years DOD government procurement functions experience; or relevant Master’s degree + 3 years experience.
- - Knowledge of TQM principles, Procurement processes and law, supplier base, BAE Systems internal operations,
BAE SYSTEMS and Harsco business strategies and long‑range strategic goals.
- - Ability to coordinate and develop procurement proposal costs, negotiate strategy and present data to executive management.
- - Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor, and complete major projects.
- - Ability to design and deliver presentations to senior level staff.
- - Ability to communicate complex budget information in an understandable manner to non-financial customers.
- - Ability to supervise lower level personnel and peers.
- - Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- - Ability to influence the organization in making sound business decisions.
- - Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- - Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- - Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- - Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- - Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- - Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- -Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers Preferred Skills and Education —Certain positions may require a specific degree and/or concentration or have a preference for an advanced degree in a related area.
- -Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
- -Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Land & Armaments Operating Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Land and Armaments is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top