Procurement Manager II
Manages and administers one or more Procurement Departments in accordance with policies, procedures and objectives. Obtains necessary purchases at appropriate cost consistent with quality and delivery standards. Recommends improvements in overall purchasing process which will advance the interest of the company.
- Manages a team of Procurement professionals who compliantly secure custom designed products such as mechanical items, cable and harness assemblies and printed wire boards as well as electronic components and hardware for production and engineering development requirements.
- Establishes purchasing objectives and develops procurement plans and programs to implement company policies and objectives.
- Manages capital purchases and long-term contract negotiations, and plans a purchasing program to meet company requirements.
- Supports the company small business program
- Manages a Procurement Compliance program that ensures an approved Procurement System.
- Monitors suppliers based on quality, schedule, cost and management performance standards.
- Furnishes purchase analysis and cost data for use in customer proposals, scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities.
- Approves purchases within an authorized dollar range and maintains the purchase records.
- Actively participates as a member of the STS Supply Chain Leadership Team
- Drives functional continuous improvement and participates in cross-functional improvements as requested
- Responsible for selecting, counseling, training, developing and evaluating subordinates. Has authority to take action and make decisions regarding personnel matters.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule
- A basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, contract law and price analysis techniques
- Utilize tools and processes to prepare appropriate metrics, reports and documents.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top