Procurement Manager II
This leadership position is responsible for the BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions procurement team. It provides support and leadership to assist the team in meeting performance objectives including quality, cost, budget achievement and delivery. This role supports key procurement strategies for commodity management in the material execution of purchased parts. Responsibilities include leading a team of 20-30 procurement professionals and on-site contractors across multiple sites ensuring the highest performance levels of material procurement execution and ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies. This position works closely with many internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to supply chain management, supplier quality, manufacturing, finance, engineering and programs. Additionally, this position will be a focal point to implement and sustain major initiatives such as Ramp 2 Rate / Zero Defect projects, sustainment support, material alert coordination, obsolescence management improvements, and strategic sourcing initiatives. These initiatives often require coordination between product lines, and/or business to enterprise-level strategies to leverage spend as a whole in order to maximize contributions, benefit and savings. This position is expected to drive continuous improvement in all facets of team performance.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Significant leadership experience and ability to successfully influence outcomes either in a supervisory role or as an individual contributor with indirect project-assigned team members
- A flexible and adaptable leadership style, strong organizational and communication skills with an assertive, team-oriented professional demeanor
- Strong business acumen with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills. Ability to successfully interface internally and externally with BAE Systems senior management and executive supplier leadership teams
- Data driven decision maker
- Ability / experience to operate in a demanding and dynamic culture
- Proven track record in change management and continuous improvement, including leadership in implementing sourcing strategies
- Clear command of Procurement & Supply Chain best practices with experience in successful implementation
- Experience driving direct material affordability and implementing win-win Long-Term Supply Agreements (LTSAs)
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Knowledge of Defense and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience with enterprise ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Procurement Training Certification (i.e. APICS, CPM, etc.)
- 6 Sigma Certification - Green Belt
- Experience negotiating complex contracts and Terms and Conditions
" Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status"
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top