This position is responsible for leading Sourcing and procurement activities in support of BAE Systems Identification, Reconnaissance & Surveillance Business Area, based in Greenlawn, NY. As well as supporting broader activities associated with enterprise level sourcing strategies and initiatives. Responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies that ensure compliance with all regulations while delivering improvements in total coat, delivery, quality and cycle time. This position works closely with numerous company stakeholders including but not limited to Supply Chain Management, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing and Programs. Additionally, this position will participate in a Sector level Procurement Working Group to help develop and continuously improve performance across all locations.
Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree
1. A minimum of 15 years in a leadership position in a comparable Procurement role with a proven and demonstrated record of success.
2. Monitor adherence to government procurement regulations.
3. Provides guidance to maintain communications between purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing regarding inventory levels.
4. Ability / experience to operate in a demanding and dynamic culture.
5. Proven track record in change management and continuous improvement (Minimum – Green belt). Including leadership in implementing sourcing strategies
6. Clear command of Procurement & Supply Chain best practices and demonstrate evidence of successful implementation
7. Detailed knowledge and experience with enterprise ERP systems (preferable Oracle), DOD compliance regulations (FAR / DFAR)
8. Directs the work activities of subordinate employees. Conducts performance reviews, schedules vacation and approves sick leave for employees. Resolves grievances and takes disciplinary action or terminates workers when necessary.
8. A flexible and adaptable leadership style, strong organizations and communication skills with an assertive and forthcoming professional demeanor
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Education – Working knowledge or Oracle ERP
- APICS Certification About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top