Procurement Analyst II
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security is seeking to hire a Procurement Analyst II. The candidate will be responsible for conducting moderate to complex procurement actions for various government programs in accordance with prime contracts, FAR, DFAR, company policies and CPSR requirements. The individual should be able to analyze purchase requisitions; initiate RFQs/RFPs; review bids; select suppliers; negotiate terms & conditions, and pricing of materials/services to be procured. To include issuing and maintaining purchase orders utilizing Cost Point.
- Review requirements documents (i.e., statement of work, drawings and specifications) for clarity and adequacy, and obtain necessary revisions from the program office/engineering team.
- Solicits suppliers for materials/products/services through formal Requests for Services (FRS) and/or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and informal channels.
- Receives, reviews, and analyzes supplier proposals. Participates on proposal evaluation team in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis.
- Conducts negotiations with suppliers to obtain products at the best quantity and cost in order to meet end-users requirements and business objectives.
- Processes and completes complex purchase orders; determines prices from available suppliers, which meet cost, quality and schedule guidelines.
- Exhibits comprehensive understanding of the applicable procurement system. Applies sound procurement principles.
- Negotiates delivery, terms and conditions, and cost in accordance with BAE Systems established policies.
- Ensures that only approved suppliers are utilized. Obtains required data on new suppliers for qualification and setup in company database.
- Maintains communication with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document.
- Identifies future procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
- Recommends changes to existing standards; ensures supplier's adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven objectives.
- Embraces and grow utilization of Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Businesses.
- Assists with the review and approval of export licenses and supporting documentation.
- Closes out purchase orders upon receipt and final payment of all deliverable items.
- Coordinates with accounts payable to resolve any problems in order to ensure prompt payment and avoid delays to end use.
- Coordinates with receiving departments to resolve receipt problems.
- Recommends revisions or process improvements to meet company needs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Be a self-starter.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written.
- Capable of executing to established processes and procedures.
- Exhibits high level of motivation, attention to detail, and energetic approach to job duties.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Practical knowledge of Supply Chain Management methodologies.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and specification sheets
- Experience creating price and cost analysis.
- Experience negotiating purchases.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Professional experience using MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Experience using ERP / Cost Point systems.
- Supply Chain Management or Procurement Certifications.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top