Procurement Analyst I
BAE Combat Vehicles is looking for an expeditor to manage all open orders and issues from purchase order placement until material is received. Work as a liaison with production and operations planning to determine material shortages and work to expedite orders. While managing supplier metrics and working to maintain excellent supplier relations
- Follows standard departmental practices and specific instructions to carry out assignments
- Follows-up and expedites procurement of material through with suppliers, support shops, etc. to ensure that orders are ready on required date
- Maintains records, charts, graphs, logs and progress reports as directed
- Assists other expeditors
- Assists in preparation of normal and special reports, inventories, etc.
- Picks up and delivers urgently needed material and equipment
- Manage supplier relationships and on time deliver
- Reports unusual circumstances to supervision
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Bachelor Degree in a Business related field preferably Supply Chain Management
Must have good computer skills especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Must have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills; and be able to work effectively within all levels of the organization.
Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Must have excellent analytical skills.
Must be able to work in an office environment and with computer spreadsheets all day.
Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top