BAE Systems is seeking to fill a Processor position on 3rd shift at our York, PA site.
This position cleans and performs surface preparation to parts prior to paint. Prepares various vehicles, assemblies, subassemblies, parts and miscellaneous plant equipment and fixtures according to commercial and government specifications.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant. Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Performs all steaming operations; preparing vehicles, assemblies, subassemblies and parts for various plant operations.
- Drives vehicles within facility to various work stations, performs various checks in the presence of inspectors and corrects (or arranges for corrections of) any defects found by company or government inspectors.
- Refers to drawings, sketches, manuals, books, charts, military specifications and process sheets.
- Issues, expedites, inventories, receives, counts, stores, checks and properly identifies materials to assure continuity of operations.
- Completes and/or files documents (i.e. move tickets, shortage reports, unplanned issues). Uses personal computer or other data collection devices to check or record data as required.
- Checks and documents operating condition of material handling equipment as required. Fills powered mobile equipment with appropriate fluids (i.e. gas, water and oil) as required.
- Prior to transporting, removes snow from material and protects material in inclement weather when required.
- Ensures adherence to specification requirements of product, process and workmanship and documents findings on personal computers and/or other data acquisition devices as required.
- Performs, checks and/or adjustments to process inputs (i.e. materials/equipment as required to ensure product quality requirements are met.
- Handles material and/or machinery to and from proper locations, using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Performs identification, documentation, and segregation of discrepant materials, as outlined by the appropriate procedures.
- Preserves engines, fuel tanks and gun barrels using preservative oils, atomizer or swab, greases turret rings when required, applies various sealant, anti-skid or other coatings to proper surfaces as required.
- As assigned, performs independent verification of product and/or processes.
- Reports damaged tools, equipment and materials to appropriate supervisor.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
This job entails a high degree of manual dexterity and crouching/climbing. Steaming operations reach high temperatures and involve high pressure systems. Strong odors may be present during certain operations.
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge and use of various common hand and power tools.
- Experience with other tools such as jib and overhead cranes (pendulum and radio controlled), power driven mobile equipment, electric or hand trucks, various steaming equipment, crimping presses, continuity testers, heat ovens, fuel cans, stenciling equipment, drills, air guns and ladders, etc
- Ability to effectively use a PC and/or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code)
- Ability to safely handle solvents and chemicals
- Ability to pass a Pulmonary Function Test
- Ability to identify defects and correct them
- Ability to follow Work Instructions
- Ability to read and interpret Product Data Sheets
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to drive vehicles
Previous experience in an industrial coatings environment is a plus. Prior spray painting or media blasting experience is a plus, but not necessary.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top