Process Engineering Assistant - product acceptance reviewer
BAE Systems has positions open for process engineering assistants in our Microelectronics factories located at Spit Brook Road in Nashua, NH.
The primary function of this position is to perform preliminary material review of potential defect in microelectronics product against criteria in Mil-Std-883 and the BAE internal acceptance criteria for the microelectronics factory and to process the product correctly through the Solumina Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to keep product moving.
The products in question are chip & wire microelectronics assemblies that function in RF frequency ranges. These modules are assembled into Electronic Warfare systems, which support all 3 product lines.
In this role, the following tasks will be performed on a daily basis:
- Use Mil-Std-883 and internal acceptance documents to determine if suspect defects are truly defects
- Create/remove holds in Solumina for proper product containment until potential defects can be evaluated
- Create and disposition defect records accordingly in Solumina
- Document rework instructions in Solumina if a potential defect is determined to be real and product must be reworked
- Work with Program quality/engineering/Operations Program Managers (OPM's) to resolve issues and keep product moving
- Collaborate with the inspection team
Required Skills and Education
- Associates degree or equivalent in an applicable field and 4 years related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks
Preferred Skills and Education
- Solid communication skills and patience to deal with employees where English is a second language
- Experience with computer based quality systems like Solumina and TIPQA a plus, but will train if needed
- Exposure to or experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) a plus
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top