Process Engineering Assistant - microelectronics
BAE Systems has positions open for process engineering assistants in our Microelectronics factories located at Spit Brook Road in Nashua, NH.
The primary function of this position is to support the various assembly cells for our microelectronic products. The microelectronic products are chip & wire microelectronics assemblies that function in RF frequency ranges. These modules are assembled into Electronic Warfare systems, which support all 3 BAE product lines.
Positions are available across all shifts - 1 st , 2 nd , weekend days and weekend nights
Assembly cells include:
- SUBSTRATE LAMINATION : somewhat similar to bonding circuit cards to heatsinks
- COMPONENT PLACEMENT with MRSI pick & place machines : dispense epoxy patterns, then place components with the MRSI
- WIRE AND RIBBON BONDING : create the electrical connections between components.
In this role, the daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot machines and machine tooling in the assigned assembly cell and generally support the equipment in that cell to maximize machine uptime
- Update machine programs when needed due to product revision updates
- Update work instructions in Solumina, in coordination with process engineers
- Coordination of field service visits for machines when needed
- Write & monitor process change requests, in coordination with the process engineers
- Work on and update the status of the Gemba actions to resolve issues within the cells so that product can continue to move. This is coordinated with the process engineers
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and work with the process engineers to evaluate and implement improvements
Required Skills and Education
- Associates degree or equivalent in an applicable field and 4 years related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks
Preferred Skills and Education
- Solid communication skills and patience to deal with employees where English is a second language
- Experience with computer based quality systems like Solumina and TIPQA a plus, but will train if needed
- Exposure to or experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) a plus
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top