Process Engineering Assistant
BAE Systems is seeking a Process Engineering Assistant to join the Advanced Microwave Product (AMP) Center located in Nashua, NH. This position will support exciting, innovative, backend semiconductor engineering & development activities in a hybrid operations/engineering environment.
Successful candidate must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to perform high reliability soldering techniques on Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and various other forms of hardware. Must be able to use a microscope (up to 500X), solder station, semi-auto pick & place machines, torque wrenches, and hot plates. The candidate must have familiarity with chemical handling protocol, use of safety data sheets, and personal protective equipment. The selectee will be asked to train others as well as meet training requirements. The selectee must have strong knowledge of clean room manufacturing and micro-circuit handling requirements, including MMICs. Must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with team members ensuring that engineering and operations objectives are met.
Multi-tasking is expected in our fast-paced environment with delivery commitments to both internal and external customers. The selectee must exhibit meticulous adherence to technical data, reference materials, instructions and drawings to ensure high quality work. The selectee will support 7S and lean manufacturing initiatives.
Required Skills and Education
- Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
- Use of microscopes, solder station, MP&P, hot plates
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to perform job functions in clean-room environment
- Can read, interpret, and adhere to technical data, drawings, blue prints, references, ECOs, route cards and specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can performs 1st build or engineering builds to improve producibility and efficient repeatability for subsequent production builds.
- Ensures all paperwork packages meet the requirements of contractual and internal procedures and policies.
- Performs complex, non-repetitive production assembly operations and engineering builds on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Performs visual/mechanical inspections utilizing a full range of precision tools, techniques and equipment.
- Performs administrative and data collection tasks such as process audits, data analysis, first article inspections.
- Monitors process performance reports findings to supervision and assists in the corrective action/problem resolution process.
- Monitors defects coming back from test, assists with root cause analysis and determination of solutions. Identifies and documents defects, calculates defect rates, prepares inspection and evaluation documentation and inputs data into appropriate system.
- Cross-trains and instructs other assembly and inspection positions in acceptable procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Accumulated experience of 10 years or greater involving both electronic inspection and assembly functions
- Proficient with Solumina and PROMIS software
- Proficient with TIP QA software
- AA Electronics Technology
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top