Process Engineer II Second Shift - Mechanical Build Cell / Automated Optical Inspection
This position will have full process responsibility for all product moving through multiple work cells in one of our Microelectronics Manufacturing Factories that produces Microwave and Millimeterwave products for military-grade aerospace products. The main focus will be on delivering solid process engineering support to our workforce. Process coverage will be for dual areas of the mechanical build cell where the majority of manual builds occur as well as Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) programming. Cost reduction activity will also be a necessary element that will help some of our programs realize cost savings that will allow them to meet cost objectives.
1. Monitors daily production activities and recommends product and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations and develops manufacturing routings and work instructions and flow charts, and applies labor standards required to support the product build cycle.
2. Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support manufacturing operations; participates in Corrective Action Board (CAB) and dispositions discrepant material. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
3. Provides technical assistance in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase for product and process capability; monitors designs for compliance to design rules, and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process. Applies known substrate attach techniques to new designs and optimizes process performance.
4. Plans and monitors special evaluation programs on assemblies, components special processes, etc. due to design changes and/or problems developed during the manufacturing cycle; reviews, analyzes, and obtains corrective action on all customer problems.
5. Performs quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the Quality Program and prepares audit reports
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Manufacturing/Mechanical experience
- Solid communication skills
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Six Sigma experience
- Mechanical design work / CAD or mechanical engineering background
- Automated Optical Inspection programming / Manufacturing equipment programming
- DoD Security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top