Process Engineer II
- Nashua, NH
BAE Systems is looking for a Process Engineer II to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment at their Nashua, New Hampshire facility. Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams, and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing production environment brings with it an exciting opportunity to influence the successful execution of production goals and achieving operational excellence. In this role, the process engineer will be responsible for providing sustaining engineering, process engineering, process development and new process implementation for the Electronic Systems factories through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and product yields.. This position is to support first shift factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provides process engineering support on current production programs and supports overall manufacturing execution to meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Proactively identifies process improvements, and engages with factory and program teams to implement process changes and continuous improvement initiatives for achieving operational excellence.
- Day to day support of the production floor, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians and operators.
- Analyze defect data to identify areas to improve yield and reduce defects.
- Applies Six Sigma tools, lean manufacturing principles and lead green belt projects to solve production problems and improve yields. Uses poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
- Participates in and documents customer corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
- Supports the implementation of new automation assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications and supporting tooling design through the tooling group. Additional responsibilities include implementation of Total Production Maintenance (TPM) to minimize equipment down time and reduce process variation and the use of PFMEAs to identify process controls to prevent production problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers
- Effectively communicate status on technical aspects of manufacturing in program production meetings.
- Lead a team of process engineers to set priorities and coordinate with cross-functional team on day-to-day coordination.
- Demonstrated ability in applying SPC, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekend as required to meet business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field.
- Relevant process engineering or manufacturing engineering industry experience, preferably in electro-mechanical manufacturing.
- Experience and proficiency in Solumina
- Green Belt and Lean manufacturing training and demonstrated ability to apply these principles.
- Experience working within a DoD environment is beneficial.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top