Process Engineer II
The IEWS Operations Team is looking for a Process Engineer II. The candidate shall have experience supporting complex assemblies in a production environment, creating procedures, and assisting on a wide variety of technical projects and assignments.
This position will include the following duties:
1. Recommend and implement process technologies, lean manufacturing techniques and process flows to execute both production and development programs within the Operations organization.
2. Candidate will be tasked with supporting the development and deployment of statistical quality control and process control tools throughout the factory across multiple product lines.
3. Candidate will assist in creating training development plans for both technical operations personnel as well as technicians on the production floor, working closely with production leads and supervisors to establish robust, documented training requirements.
4. Support Factory technical leadership, including technical assessments, new or existing manufacturing equipment installs/relocation, value stream mapping/simulations, facilitation/space planning.
5. Day to day support of the production floor, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians and operators.
6. Able to understand customer requirements and help ensure deliverables meet cost and schedule requirements.
7. Provide guidance and leadership to technicians and support personnel.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor Degree and two years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Quality related background, including an understanding of AS9100D, auditing, FOD control, and root cause analysis.
2. Ability to develop tools using SharePoint sites, Visual Basic programming skills, Access Database, and AutoCad experience are considered a plus.
3. Lean/Six Sigma Certified
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top