Process Engineer I
BAE Systems is looking for a Process Engineer for their Austin, TX facility. In this role you will perform the following tasks.
- Provide Process Engineering floor support, guidance, and instruction to operators in support of manufacturing.
- Perform manufacturing support activities using technical knowledge of generally used assembly practices ensuring the achievement of performance within cost and schedule requirements.
- Support Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Perform quality audits of hardware, pFMEA's, First Article Inspections (FAI), monitor defects, and track trends.
- Support/Lead factory continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Perform coaching, training, and qualification for operators.
- Ensure timely disposition of hardware and assure thorough root cause analysis of discrepant materials.
- Create and maintain process documents that will be followed on the factory floor.
- Create and maintain production routes for material moving through the factory.
- Maintain assigned projects and tasks to ensure timely completion of required needs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrate leadership necessary to support the manufacturing team.
- Ability to present and clearly communicate data to peers, management, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Lean Manufacturing
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material
- Root Cause and Corrective Action methodology
- IPC-A-610 / IPC-A-620 / J-STD-001
- Creation of routings and work instructions
- Troubleshooting electronic circuits or mechanical assemblies
- Development of software tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top