Process Engineer - Advanced Composites Manufacturing
Candidate will provide Process Engineering support for the Advanced Composite Manufacturing (ACM) facility, supporting the manufacturing of complex antenna assemblies and radomes for the aerospace industry. The candidate shall have experience supporting complex assemblies in a development environment, creating procedures, and assisting on a wide variety of technical projects and assignments.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. Recommends and implements process technologies, lean manufacturing techniques and process flows to execute both production and development programs within the Operations organization.
2. Candidate will be tasked with supporting the development and deployment of statistical quality control and process control tools throughout the factory across multiple product lines.
3. Candidate will assist in creating training development plans for both technical operations personnel as well as technicians on the production floor, working closely with production leads and supervisors to establish robust, documented training requirements.
4. Supports ACM technical leadership, including technical assessments, new or existing manufacturing equipment installs/relocation, value stream mapping/simulations, facilitation/space planning.
5. Day to day support of the production floor, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians and operators.
6. Able to understand customer requirements and help ensure deliverables meet cost and schedule requirements.
7. Provides guidance and leadership technicians and support personnel.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Experienced with manufacturing using composite materials, related manufacturing equipment, and processes.
2. Quality related background, including an understanding of AS9100D, auditing, FOD control, and root cause analysis .
3. Ability to develop tools using SharePoint sites, Visual Basic programming skills, Access Database, and AutoCad experience are considered a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top