Process Engineer 1
This position will have full process engineering responsibility for all product moving through the Epoxy Dispense and Component Placement Assembly Cell that utilizes equipment manufactured by MRSI as it is being processed through the Microelectronics Manufacturing Factory. This factory produces Microwave and Millimeter-wave products for military-grade aerospace products. Principle focus will be on software development that instructs the epoxy dispensers and pick and place equipment to process various Microwave assemblies through this cell. These processes are basic building blocks for all Microwave Products that utilize Microelectronics Chip and Wire Assembly designs and techniques. The successful candidate will combine solid engineering skills, Microelectronics assembly techniques or other applicable manufacturing experience, and some software development that utilizes the equipment execution software in a combined process engineering environment. Engineers who wish to work in a high technology, fast paced, factory that provides state-of-the-art military products may find this position as the first phase in a challenging and rewarding career. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Previous experience in a manufacturing setting desired. Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, Mechanical preferred though all other types considered.
1. Monitors daily production activities and recommends product and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations and develops manufacturing routings and work instructions and flow charts, and applies labor standards required to support the product build cycle.
2. Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support manufacturing operations; participates in Corrective Action Board (CAB) and dispositions discrepant material. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
3. Provides technical assistance in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase for product and process capability; monitors designs for compliance to design rules, and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process. Applies known substrate attach techniques to new designs and optimizes process performance.
4. Plans and monitors special evaluation programs on assemblies, components special processes, etc. due to design changes and/or problems developed during the manufacturing cycle; reviews, analyzes, and obtains corrective action on all customer problems.
5. Performs quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the Quality Program and prepares audit reports. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top