Process Eng, Senior, weekend nights, component placement
BAE Systems has a position open on weekend nights for a senior process engineer to support the component placement assembly cell in our Microelectronics factories located at Spit Brook Road in Nashua, NH. Shift hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday 3pm-3am.
Microelectronics component placement utilizes MRSI-175 epoxy dispense machines and MRSI-505, 605, 705 component placement machines to place the majority of the components into our microelectronics modules which support military and aerospace products. Modules must meet the acceptance requirements of Mil-Std-883 and the BAE internal acceptance criteria.
This position will support the IEWS and TacAir product lines in the ECS business area.
In this role, the following tasks will be performed on a daily or regular basis:
- Work with automated epoxy dispensing and component placement equipment - MRSI 165, 175, 505, 605 or 705.
- Troubleshoot and address issues with MRSI machines or assembly programs to allow production to continue
- Monitor daily production activities and recommend product and process improvements to optimize process performance
- Work on and update the status of MRSI cell actions which impact production flow or quality
- Develop or improve work instructions required to support the product build cycle
- Define and specify the requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support manufacturing operations
- Use SPC techniques as a tool to monitor and improve process performance
- Conduct Product Process Verification/First Article Inspection (PPV/FAI) activities as needed
- Conduct or support internal process audits
- Perform special evaluations requested either by programs or initiated by the factory to evaluate potential process improvements
- Participate in root cause & corrective action (RCCA) activities when required
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an applicable field such as engineering or manufacturing and 4 years related work experience in such fields
- Experience in programming for and troubleshooting problems with machine vision and pattern recognition tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks and work primarily independently
- Solid communication skills and ability to successfully interact with employees where English is a second language
- MRSI equipment experience is highly desired.
- Familiarity with clean room Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero component handling, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques.
- Experience with computer based quality systems like Solumina and TIPQA a plus, but will train if needed
- Experience with root cause and corrective action tools desirable
- PFMEA experience desirable
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top