Printed Wiring Board Commodity Specialist
- Nashua, NH
The successful candidate will assist in executing defined commodity sourcing strategies through various assigned projects, as directed by Commodity Managers, such as implementing auto-replenishment models, supplier rationalization activity and LTSA projects (including participating in negotiations). The candidate supports various teams on assigned projects requiring sourcing decisions for the Printed Wiring Board fabrication. The successful candidate will take a leading role in gathering, analyzing and monitoring forecast data and market condition trends and provide report outs to Commodity Manager. The Commodity Specialist will be expected to effectively interface with cross functional teams consisting of representatives from Procurement, Supplier Development, Quality and Supplier Representatives. This is accomplished following established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the lowest cost consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and adherence to the Small Business Program guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop expertise within the PWB commodity through knowledge of industry trends, supplier management activity and supplier technical capability offerings.
2. Execute assigned improvement initiatives with the assigned commodity
3. Establish strong relationships with assigned suppliers in support of achieving Partner To Win objectives.
4. Participate in on-site supplier visits and assessments.
5. Assess supplier capabilities; coordinate and communicate supplier activities and issues within the business; coordinates standardization and best practice development and sharing across the business.
6. Conduct and lead business reviews with assigned suppliers; investigate quality and delivery concerns and contribute to / oversee improvement plans.
7. other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and supplier management skills.
- Proficient in generating DataView reports and analysis of data.
- Knowledge of commodity specific industry trends.
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills; able to work in a borderless organization and across multiple functions including, programs, engineering, procurement and suppliers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize day to day problems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Creative and ability to think outside the box to drive improvement in performance across supply base.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Microsoft Office proficient.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top