Principle Subcontract Administrator
- Merrimack, NH
Seeking an independent and aggressive self-starter capable of working with limited oversight with an ability to accomplish all aspects of subcontract administration. This includes the procurement of complex systems and sub-systems through both domestic (US) and international suppliers. The successful candidate will be required to work seamlessly in a matrix type organization structure and be able to successfully collaborate with other functional representatives in project-centric Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
This role will include supporting development and production related projects; hence experience with fixed price, T&M and cst plus type subcontract is essential.
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform cost and price analysis.
- Ability to develop and implement customized procurement strategies dependent upon the commodity, business environment, project risk profile and project objectives.
- Ability to strategize, coordinate, lead and successfully conclude negotiations inclusive of scope, cost, term & conditions.
- Utilize proven, customary and traditional techniques to monitor and control supplier's performance throughout the life of a subcontract. Should a supplier's performance deteriorate, collaboratively work with the supplier and other BAE IPT functional leads to create, implement , monitor and control a "recovery" plan to get back to project baseline objectives or to mitigate the impact of adverse occurrences.
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to apply FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products.
- Experience with SAP or Oracle.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adjust work output based upon a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written & verbal) with all levels within the business corp. structure.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top