Principle Software Engineer
The Principle Software Engineer will
- Serve in a collaborative Agile/Scrum environment, designing and implementing new features and enhancements based on user stories.
- Work closely with contract Program Management and Sponsor to derive technical requirements, analyze impact, and inform technical solutions. This regularly involves the preparation of user interface mock-ups.
- The engineer will work closely with a test engineer to define unit and integration test approaches as well as other teammates for consistency and integration with the related modules, database schema, and external interfaces.
- The engineer will perform routine remote Windows server management, including web and database server maintenance, PKI certificate installation for IIS and SQL Server configuration.
- While implementing solutions, the engineer is expected to write code that avoids duplication, can be understood via unit tests, exhibits a high percentage of code coverage via unit tests, and optimized to keep source code extendable and maintainable.
- The developer is expected to follow existing programming conventions on the team while also recommending improvements and innovations where appropriate.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- The ability to communicate openly and clearly with teammates.
- Skills in writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
- Proven experience developing successful IT innovations.
- 7+ years of experience in relational databases and web applications.
- Experience with Sponsor’s network & authentication architectures.
- Experience working closely with Sponsor databases.
- Strong foundation in object oriented programming.
- Familiarity with the customer’s computing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related discipline (addition years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience using Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, IIS -Experience with PKI authentication
- Experience with GUI enhancements
- Experience with Test Automation Scripts
- Experience supporting technical exchange meetings.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum software development
- Experience with row level security.
- Experience with Sponsor’s system requirements for handling highly sensitive data.
- Experience with Sponsor enterprise & platform changes.
- Experience leading technical exchange meetings.
- Experience facilitating automated access management.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related discipline.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top