Principle Semiconductor Engineer-MBE
BAE Systems is seeking a Principle Semiconductor Engineer to join the Advanced Microwave Product Center (located in Nashua, NH).
The candidate will sustain production processes and tools in the material areas of a III-V semiconductor wafer foundry. Work with advanced engineering group on new material and technology development. Candidate will be responsible for making continuous process improvements using DOE methodologies, implement SPC controls for yield improvement and cost reduction. Multi-tasking is expected in our fast-paced environment with delivery commitments to both internal and external customers. A strong background in III-V compound semiconductor material MBE growth is preferred.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hands-on experience in III-V material growth.
- Hands-on experience in MBE maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of GaAs based material epi processes and process controls.
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor physics and material characterization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform job functions in wafer foundry clean-room environment.
- BS in semiconductor related fields and 8+ years of work experience; or
- MS in semiconductor related fields and 6+ years of work experience
- Experience with JMP software
- Experience with PROMIS software
- PHEMT and MHEMT material growth and characterization. Familiar with Gen-II, V100 MBE Systems and metrology tools including Leighton, Surfscan, Hall, CV, XRD and simulation, AFM, SEM/TEM, and PL/FTIR.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top