Principle Process Engineer
This position will have full process responsibility for all product moving through the Substrate Attach / Manual Assembly Cell located in one of our Microelectronics Manufacturing Factories that will produce Microwave and Millimeterwave products for military-grade aerospace products. Principle focus will be on attaching ceramic and Teflon based substrates to metal housings using a combination of conductive and non-conductive epoxies. Maintenance of the production process which uses in-house developed press equipment will also need to be considered a major element of the position. This position is a senior leadership position in a group of 30+ process engineers. As such this position is expected to provide leadership and mentorship to younger, less experienced process engineers as well as hands-on process engineering work in support of a factory cell.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, however other Engineering or technical disciplines will be considered. Preferred Skills and Education
Applicable experience in a Microelectronics factory is highly desired. Product knowledge of epoxy component attach, thermosonic wire and ribbon bonding and other elements of Microelectronics manufacturing technology also desired. Familiarity with Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques. Capable of working hand-in-hand with the assembly workforce to product a compliant, leading edge technology product built to Mil-Std-883 requirements.
1. Develops new process technologies and approaches to support manufacturing requirements. Makes independent decisions to resolve a wide range of technical problems.
2. Develops project plans and criteria for technical activities to comply with customer performance.
3. Leads projects and assumes responsibility for technical, schedule and cost performance.
4. Forecasts capital equipment requirements based on the evaluation of industry trends and manufacturing conditions and utilize statistical tools such as SPC, DOE and Cpk to establish robust process capabilities for all manufacturing processes
5. Reviews, provides critical analysis and develops manufacturing guidelines to support proposals and takes active leadership role in all design reviews. Provides bids and proposals for Non-Recurring process engineering support to programs. Assesses design for producibility, process compatibility, quality requirement and cost.
6. Provides technical leadership in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase and monitors designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top