Principle Investigator/Program Engineering Manager
BAE Systems FAST Labs is seeking experienced and driven engineering professionals to join our rapidly expanding engineering team that focuses on developing next generation technology. If you are a technology driven individual who loves to develop cutting-edge systems, this is the career opportunity for you!
The FAST Labs business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems (ES) Sector of BAE Systems that helps drive research efforts for leading academic and DoD research organizations by iteratively building systems and demonstrations that show customers what is possible. FAST Labs matures those research prototypes into differentiators for ES, which has products fielded everywhere from the depths of the Earth's oceans to outer space.
Many engineers at FAST Labs have made significant contributions to projects for the nation's most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, NRL, and Air Force Research Labs.
We are seeking an individual with demonstrated leadership skills working with multi-functional teams in a fast-paced DARPA environment. Candidates must possess strong organizational and presentation skills with solid experience in signal processing, troubleshooting, and fault isolation abilities. This position supports classified FAST Labs programs where the successful candidate, due to the nature of the programs will be called upon to perform as a Principal Investigator (PI), Program Engineering Manager (PEM), and Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) based on the needs of the programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the design, development, testing, and demonstration of distributed, multi-ship auto-routers and associated components
- Define assign, manage and track needed tasking
- Serve as the customer facing expert
- Prepare documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures
- Verifies and validates aspects of system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
- Develops and analyzes complex systems solutions
- Creates novel approaches to assignments
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- An active US Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility is required
- Task Management Experience
- Customer Facing Experience
- Systems Engineering (need experience/expertise in all):Algorithms Development, Architecture Design, Data Analysis, Modeling, and Simulation. Dynamic Requirements Management, Integration and Testing, System Analysis and Verification Validation
- Solid military or commercial development experience
- Experience with US Department of Defense product development
- Experience with design, development, and field-testing systems for the US Government/DARPA.
- Program Management Experience
- CMMI Level 3 Experience
- Test Lead Experience
- Embedded Software Experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top