Principle EW Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an Electronic Warfare, EW, Systems Engineer that will be involved in developing, integrating and testing complex real time embedded electronic warfare systems. Motivated and positive minded engineers must hold an active United States security clearance and skilled in areas needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position will involve developing, integrating and testing new EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Working on a team of engineers (Hardware, Software and Systems) on EW related programs.
2. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Problem solving in a large real time complex embedded system environment
b. Requirement analysis / management for complex Electronic Warfare system
c. Evaluate or develop complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develop Functional Performance and Qualification test plans and/or procedures
e. Write Functional Performance and Qualification test reports
f. Contributor to a major customer review (SRR, PDR, CDR, and/or TRR)
e. Performs system level integration and test for a large complex real time embedded system
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Experience in performing integration and test on complex real time embedded system
- Possess EW integration and test, RF electrical troubleshooting, and fault isolation abilities
- Requirements Management / Analysis experience
- Proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages.
- Defect Data Base tracking tools
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
- Ability to work independently
- Active Secret clearance
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Knowledge of radar signal processing techniques
- Understanding of radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Design knowledge of EW systems hardware as it relates to detection and countering of radar and missile systems engagement
- Familiar with DOD Acquisition process
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top