Principle Engineer - Powertrain Cooling Systems
BAE Systems Platforms & Services is currently hiring a powertrain cooling mechanical engineer to support the combat vehicles program.
Design, develop, validate and release Powertrain, Hydraulic, and Electronic cooling systems and associated components including heat exchangers, fans, seals, and plumbing; in compliance with government performance, survivability, reliability, availability, maintainability criteria for military tracked vehicles.
- -Provide technical direction into design studies, concept selection, detail design, manufacturing, and test processes
- -Provide technical direction to CAD designers
- -Prepare component and subsystem technical specifications and documents required for sourcing
- -Define component and vehicle system interfaces and confirms compatibility with other interfacing systems
- -Define design requirements for interfacing components and resolves interface issues
- -Interfaces with other functions such as Systems Engineering, supply chain, suppliers, and customers to meet program goals
- -Participate and support resolution of product quality issues
- -Participate in design and process reviews
- -Manage product changes as required
- -Maintain BOM Support vehicle builds including production vehicle launch
- -Lead and support technical reviews Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems) plus eight years of relevant work experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- -Previous design, design release, integration, packaging, development, and validation experience with cooling systems, heat exchangers, fans, and plumbing
- -Working knowledge of 3D CAD
- -Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- -Initiative and a positive attitude
- -Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- -Excellent presentation skills Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- -Knowledge of military standards and specifications
- -Familiarity with military vehicles and development processes
- -Ability to use Pro/Engineer and Windchill
- -Experience in reviewing and releasing drawings for production
- -Previous experience as a work package manager
- -Experience with simulation and modeling tools such as AMESim, FlowMaster, or KULI
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Land & Armaments Operating Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Land and Armaments is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top