This position can be located at any of the major WS sites: Minneapolis, MN; Louisville, KY
Standards Manager for BAE Systems Weapon Systems reporting in the Engineering organization to the Lethality Functional Manager. Uphold the Engineering Standards for all Weapon Systems programs, striving for high quality products, commonality and consistency.
- Maintains, establishes, and directs processes, procedures, guidelines, checklists, and templates per BMS guidelines for achieving and maintaining high engineering standards in accordance with customer, industry and company requirements.
- Communicates procedures, standards and specifications to include teaching and advising project teams.
- Ensures compliance with standards, processes and procedures on all Weapon Systems programs. Participates in Engineering and Quality audits. Monitors performance by gathering, reviewing, and reporting relevant data with corrective actions identified.
- Confers with functional engineering, programs and customer to resolve problems relative to specifications, standards, processes and procedures.
- Reviews customer requirements within contract statement of work and requests for proposal, and advises Program and Engineering management teams on any compliance concerns and recommended courses of actions.
- Maintain the BAE Systems, Weapon Systems Engineering Standards webpage, providing the Engineering team with most up-to-date and relevant information. Key focus areas to include:
- Organizes and maintains the Drawing Guidelines
- Organizes and maintains the Solid Modeling Standards & Guidelines
- Organizes and maintains the Drawing Notes Library for all programs
- Organizes and maintains the Mechanical Design Standards
- Develop and maintain the Standard Parts Library for Creo Parametric.
- Represents Weapon Systems Engineering Standards at the P&S Engineering Processes and Tools Working Group (EPTWG). Participate in EPTWG Project Action Teams that pertain to Engineering Standard documents.
- Host the Weapon Systems Standards & Modeling Committee and assume the role and duties of the committee chairman
- Ensures appropriate implementation of corrective and preventative actions that adhere to standards.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers on standard-related questions, issues and concerns.
- Identifies ways to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps current with new developments in industry, government, and company standards.
- Weapon Systems expert in Engineering Drawing Practices, Dimensioning, and Tolerancing
Other responsibilities as defined by Weapon Systems engineering management.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top