Principal Test Engineer
BAE Systems in Nashua, NH is seeking Principal Test Engineer to join our growing team in Nashua, NH.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the
brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™." Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems
This role will perform a wide variety of assignments including the layout, test, troubleshooting, modification and repair of complex precision RF & Microwave multi-chip modules, subsystems or systems. Works under the general direction of engineering personnel in a research, design/development environment. The qualified candidate will work in a dynamic engineering lab.
- Leads and mentors junior engineers.
- Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
- Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Conducts various tests or experiments of moderate complexity, which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures and the selection, and/or adaptation of standard procedures and equipment.
- Processes and computes data using specified formulas and procedures or prepared technical documentation.
- Extracts compiles and interprets a variety of technical data such as charts, data sheets, and graphs, under general supervisory direction, and presents such data in a prescribed format as required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
The individual needs to be fully conversant with various RF & Microwave test equipment including DC Power Supplies, Vector Network Analyzers, PNA-X, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Synthesizers, and Oscilloscopes.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior level engineers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and customers, including Hardware Engineering
- Self-starter, able to perform assigned tasks, and equally assist when issues arise
- Ability to work from DC to 40GHz
- Expert with RF terminology such as spurious output, harmonics, VSWR, and scattering parameters
- Experience testing RF components and subsystems
- Familiar with schematics, diagrams, and test specifications to understand both engineering and customer requirements
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top