Principal Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a systems engineer to join the ISSE Program Management Office (PMO). The successful candidate will support the PMO and development team in the development of cross domain capabilities through effective management and dissemination of system level requirements.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Providing full systems engineering lifecycle support for the ISSE Program Management office
- Evaluation and tracking of new requirements through the full software development lifecycle
- Conducting evaluations to assess relevant emerging new technologies for cross-domain application
- Maintaining awareness of the latest technologies applicable to cross domain operations
- Evaluate potential impacts of new security policies on the software baseline
- Assist in the definition and documentation of cross domain systems and software
- Lead system operations and documentation reviews
- Provide system engineering expertise at program reviews and technical interchange meetings.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 5+ years of experience in information systems security within the DoD and IC environments
- Familiarity with current cross-domain technologies
- Understanding of modern scalable software architectures and methods
- Experience with Software Development, Operating System Architecture and object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of DOD/IC Information System security policies such as ICD 503, NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-37
- Experience with Federal Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Certification and Accreditation policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and technical personnel
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management Framework to include certification and accreditation, and government acceptance testing.
- Experience with C, C++, Java, UNIX (Solaris) Linux, networking protocols, services and architectures
- DoD 8570 Certified (Minimum IAT Level 1)
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top