Principal Systems Engineer
Note: Stafford, Virginia is preferred location for this position and candidates from other sites will be considered.
Systems Engineer to support all systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, architecture development, interface development and management, cost, mass properties, cyber security, vehicle configuration management, and risk assessments, formal decisions and trade studies, and system design development, specialty engineering integration, and verification and validation.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience conducting and documenting complex formal decisions and trade studies
- Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Develop and maintain timelines, interfaces, and product structure.
- Have knowledge of review techniques to plan, moderate, and participate in reviews
- Have knowledge of specialty engineering to assess and apply human factors, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, environmental requirements and guidelines.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant field from an accredited university in engineering with the following:
6+ Years with BS
4+ Years with MS
2+ Years with PHD
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with military vehicle systems, subsystems, or components, especially vehicle lethality subsystems.
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) methodology and tools.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top