Principal Software Engineer (Radar Systems)
BUSINESS AREA BACKGROUND:
The Instrumentation Products and Sustainment business unit (IP&S) is headquartered in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. BAE Systems has over 40 years of experience in designing and manufacturing Instrumentation Radar Systems, Electro-Optical Systems, Test Range Asset Modernizations and Upgrades. Our capabilities include design, fabrication and integration of hardware and software to support a wide variety of test range requirements including RF and Electro Optical (EO) TSPI Instrumentation, Threat Simulators, CW Doppler and EO Behavioral Systems, Drop and No-Drop Bomb Scoring Systems, Telemetry Systems and Flight Termination Systems.
The technologies and resources of BAE Systems is dedicated to designing, manufacturing, integrating, and sustaining range products that are required for current test ranges and programs envisioned for future test ranges, aviation test facilities and launch facilities.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Work as a Lead of a Radar System Software development team to develop Command and Control Interfaces, Real-time system control code, Radar Subsystem development, Range Control System and Graphics Package development. Candidate will develop code and unit tests to a documented design. In addition to the above activities the candidate will assist in other basic Software Engineering activities such as code reviews, and Software configuration management.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Allocate requirements to software, develop software requirements, evaluate the impact of requirements changes, oversee requirements development and requirements management, use and champion industry requirements best practices, and interact heavily with customers regarding requirements.
2. Develop software architecture, software design and associated documentation or lead others in these tasks applying emerging design technologies for improved productivity.
3. Construct software efficiently which meets identified needs (e.g., reusability, portability) or lead others in this task. May apply emerging software construction technologies for improved productivity.
4. Analyzes and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, or lead others in these tasks. May participate in project planning verification and validation activities focusing on left shifting defect discovery, defect avoidance and applying emerging test technologies for improved productivity.
5. Verifies complex software designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. May run or participate in work product reviews and inspections.
6. Code, unit test and integrate complex software designs. Write or provide inputs to major sections of technical proposals.
7. Analyzes and verifies activities concerned with installation and operational test of complex software engineering designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. May develop special test methods or fixtures to support developmental testing. Estimates software effort and schedules by reviewing statements of work and change requests for new and revised projects.
8. Evaluates and analyzes operational systems and recommends software design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunction or changes in system requirements.
9. Analyzes problems associated with development of software sub-systems. Recommends procedural changes to ensure proper functioning systems.
10. Assists upper management in identifying potential new products or business as well as defining program requirements. Prepares presentation material.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and 10 year(s) related experience OR Master's Degree and 8 year(s) related experience
Must have at least 10 years of experience with programming in C, or C++.
Must have at least 5 years of strong background in DSP, FFT parallel processing algorithms with use of graphics processing algorithms.
Background in real-time embedded systems with Emphasis in Command and Control interfaces desired as well as a basic understanding of physics and network programming.
Operating System Development experience in Red Hat Linux, Embedded Linux, VxWorks, Lynx.OS and Windows strongly desired.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top