Principal Software Engineer
The Software Development team at BAE Systems Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) - Systems Integration Group (SIG) is seeking motivated candidates at multiple experience levels to join its software engineering team. SIG develops, implements, and integrates state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
Our commercial software products include:
- the Track Analytics Software Suite (TASS), a collection of algorithms for analyzing geospatial trajectory data;
- an advanced, multi-processor video tracking application for large-scale imagery;
- MOVINT Database, a geospatial big-data store with RESTful web service interfaces;
You can read more about our software and solutions here: https://www.geospatialexploitationproducts.com/content/movint/ .
As a member of the software group, you will contribute to a highly-motivated small team responsible for software development and data analysis for client-driven programs, and the integration of these technologies into core BAE Systems products or customer platforms. The ideal candidate will interface with management as well as end users; enjoys learning in a challenging technical environment; collaborate on multiple teams and projects; and can apply their technical skill and innovation towards solving real-world problems.
About BAE Systems Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) / Systems Integration Group (SIG) SIG was founded as a private company in 2004 and acquired by BAE Systems, Inc. in 2014. Our office is located in Durham, NC and consists of about 40 people, mostly software and research engineers. We perform commercial software development and contract research and development in the areas of geospatial data analysis, visualization, storage; image processing; and data analytics. Our team values technical excellence, individual initiative, and strong work-life balance. Our team strives to create an innovative, agile, and collegial work environment much like a small business, but leverages the resources of BAE Systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
We are seeking candidates that are motivated to develop skills in new technical areas, solve challenging and unique problems, and enjoy working on a diverse range of assignments. Developers that know how to profile, optimize, and test their own code will fit best within our skilled and dynamic small team. Other job requirements include:
- Experience programming in C++ or Python (experience with both languages is preferred)
- Experience with software development processes, including version control, documentation, code review, and testing
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD security clearance
While not critical to the open position, experience with the following skills are useful in our organization and will be helpful as you expand your roles and responsibilities:
- Familiarity with image processing, computer vision, machine learning, data science
- Implementing and using RESTful web services
- Application multi-threading and distributed computing (MPI, OpenMP)
- Incorporation of third-party C++ libraries (Boost, FFMPEG, OpenCV, Xerces)
- Design, configuration, and optimization of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Creating and maintaining cross-platform software (Windows/Linux)
- Interfacing with sensors to process and control video streams
- Implementation of signal and image processing algorithms
- Design and implementation of effective user interfaces
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top