Principal Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts design and development of software, determination of interfaces, and technical feasibility analysis.
- Coordinates and performs requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing, and enhancement of application software.
- Coordinates and/or performs integration of COTS and other existing code. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree
- Active TS/SCI
- Strong knowledge of programming in structured language (e.g., Java/C++/PERL) and configuring COTS software
- Strong knowledge of coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining programs
- Experience developing, modifying or configuring moderately complex software applications from detailed specifications
- Experience working on most phases of applications programming activities with limited instructions
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a team player
Preferred Skills and Education – Experience with client side software applications including PHP and JAVA script
- Experience with COTS and open source software integration
- Demonstrated understanding of raster data formats, which may include: commercial imagery, panchromatic, small-sat and SAR data. Experience in image exploitation for automated image processing
- Knowledge of current and emerging trade craft and content management approaches within the multi-INT customer environment such as Foundation GEOINT, ABI, SOM, OBP, and Analytics
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, procedures, and monitoring results
- Experienced in systems operations and specific tools to optimize solutions
- Experience with the Government Customer’s programs and facilities
- O/S system administration experience with Windows and UNIX
- TS/SCI with CI Poly About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top