Principal Scientist II - Semiconductor Devices
BAE Systems is seeking an R&D Scientist to join the Materials and Manufacturing (M&MP) group within the RF EW and Advanced Electronics product line. The focus of this position is on RF device and MMIC development, with a strong emphasis on advanced, millimeter-wave GaN technologies. The primary responsibilities of this individual contributor position include:
- Leading development efforts related to next-generation RF devices, circuits, and front-end technologies in a Principal Investigator (PI) role.
- Work with circuit and system designers to extract device requirements from next-generation electronic system and subsystem designs
- Developing project plans and directing technical efforts of fabrication and test teams
- Preparing and briefing Technical Interchange Meetings with customers and Product Line Management
- Publishing in technical journals and presenting at technical conferences.
In addition, the candidate shall assist with new business capture. These efforts include
- Develop concepts for new active and passive RF device technologies.
- Engage and develop customer interest and support; Influence customer research choices
- Lead new business pursuit and capture efforts
- Lead detailed cost and technical proposal efforts
Ideal candidates will:
- Be highly innovative, and have in-depth theoretical and practical understanding of GaN device technologies.
- Ability to multi-task, functioning both as individual contributor and as team leader on multiple projects
- Hands-on experience with microfabrication and leading engineering staff in developing semiconductor processes
- Strong technical expertise in RF measurement (including load pull characterization), RF circuit design, and non-linear device modeling is a strong plus.
- Have experience in preparing and delivering highly technical customer briefings, strategy planning, and proposal development.
- Experience engaging government technical community such as DARPA, ONR, or other Government research laboratories is strongly preferred.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with cross-functional teams
The candidate will work with senior leadership to become familiar with BAE Systems CRAD program pursuit and execution process involving establishment of CRAD program plans and budgets, subcontracting, resource management, risk management, technical leadership of multi-disciplinary teams, preparing internal and external monthly and quarterly technical briefings, managing schedule and cost constraints and related execution and pursuit process elements.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education: Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 6+ years related experience
US Citizenship and eligible for a US SECRET clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top