Principal RF/Microwave Electrical Engineer
The Electronic Combat Solutions business area is seeking RF/Microwave Electrical Engineers. Principal responsibilities of this position is the analysis and decomposition of high-level microwave requirements into subassembly/module requirements, the design & development of the subassemblies/modules, and system integration & test. A minimum 8 years experience designing RF/Microwave modules and systems in the frequency range from 50 MHz to 20 GHz is required, 10 or more years is preferred. The successful candidate should demonstrate a track record of delivering designs with minimal supervision and be able to communicate effectively as part of a cross-functional design team
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Design and development of MIL-SPEC receivers and transmitters
- RF/Microwave system, module and circuit design and development
- Leading a RF/Microwave design team including scheduling, budgeting, conducting design reviews, supporting build, design qualification and system integration.
- Design and analysis of microwave systems and circuits using Agilent Advanced Design Suite (ADS) and Genesys
- RF path cascade analysis
- RF non-linear compression analysis
- RF frequency conversion design and analysis, including analysis of mixer spurs and intermodulation products.
- Other analog simulation tasks (as required) using PSpice, MATLAB or MATHCAD
- Technical management of microwave subcontractors to design and develop microwave subassemblies. (Travel may be required 20% at times to conduct design reviews and resolve technical issues.)
- RF/Microwave microstrip and stripline design techniques
- Working knowledge of active and passive RF/Microwave component designs including FET and PIN-diode switches, amplifiers, couplers, power dividers, isolators, filters, etc.
- Thorough experience with microwave testing using Vector Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Synthesizers, Power Meters, etc. Preferred Skills and Education • Experience with High Power RF power amplifiers including Traveling-Wave Tubes (TWT) and Gallium-Nitride Power Amps
- Experience with FPGA/VHDL design and development is a plus.
- Design of Point-of-Load voltage regulation and conversion also a plus.
- Working knowledge of transmit and receive antennas, though no design experience is required.
- Electronic CAD:
- Schematic capture of design (Cadence HDL, Orcad)
- Layout support/design rules About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top