Principal RF Hardware Lead
The BAE Systems, Inc. Electronic Combat Solutions business area is seeking a Principal RF Hardware Lead to join our Hardware Engineering team.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
We are looking for individuals who have demonstrated success working in a fast paced environment with multi-functional teams. The candidate will provide electrical engineering support to an engineering development team, leading requirement decomposition, module/unit/subsystem design efforts, and design verification testing of complex RF and mixed-signal assemblies and modules. The role will also include support of first unit testing and transition to production tasks
Candidates should have a minimum of 6 years of RF/Microwave design experience within the frequency range of 50 MHz to 20 GHz; 8 or more years is preferred. The successful candidate should demonstrate a track record of delivering designs with minimal supervision and be able to communicate effectively.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- RF path cascade analysis, experience with non-linear analysis is preferred
- RF/Microwave system, module and circuit design and development
- Technical management of microwave subcontractors to design and develop microwave subassemblies. (Travel may be required at times to conduct design reviews and resolve technical issues.)
- Working knowledge of active and passive RF/Microwave component designs
- Support of test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and/or sub-assemblies, working directly with program engineering personnel as required
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Thorough experience with microwave testing using Vector Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Synthesizers, Power Meters, etc.
- Ability to lead a RF/Microwave design team including scheduling, budgeting, conducting design reviews, supporting build, design qualification and system integration.
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers
- Design and analysis of microwave systems and circuits using Agilent Advanced Design Suite (ADS) and Genesys
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top