Principal Product Support Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal Product Support Engineer for our Electronic Combat Solutions business area. The candidate would support local factory build and test of several highly complex digital modules that are integral to our electronic warfare systems.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Electronic Combat Solutions has grown to be the largest business area within the Electronic Systems, with significant continued growth projections. If you are an individual that enjoys working with a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges working with leading edge technology intended to protect our warfighter, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The right candidate will be a highly motivated Product / Process Engineer to support transition to production and sustainment activities on complex electronic products. This position will include troubleshooting test failures, transitioning test equipment to a production environment, identifying product build and test deficiencies to improve product yield and flow through the factory, identifying capacity concerns across test resources and driving solutions to closure.
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude, communication skills and leadership skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the hardware engineering organization and with other discipline/functions. Must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, transition to production and/or sustainment.
This position may include the following activities:
- Support the test and troubleshooting of complex electronic systems, modules and sub-assemblies, working directly with production and program engineering personnel as required. Technologies include high-speed digital products, processor designs, and electronic mechanical assemblies.
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput.
- Feedback lessons learned to the design teams for continuous improvement.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation.
- Interface with governmental customers, auditors, and suppliers as required.
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel.
- Support relocation of test equipment between manufacturing sites and lead transition to production.
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
- Identify and implement Engineering Change Orders on products as required.
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to lead others to closure.
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- 10+ years experience working with complex products in a transition to production and/or sustainment role.
- Experience with high-speed digital, processor and analog designs.
- Completed Green belt six sigma training.
- Proven track record of solving complicated production issues and/or yield improvements.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top