Principal Procurement Analyst
- Austin, TX
Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized and complex nature based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develops purchase orders in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements and terms and conditions. Lead procurement activities and assigned commodities required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services. Will help develop, support and execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges and marketplace conditions, ensuring alignment with the Business Area objectives. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers, creates electronic purchase orders (ePO) files for review, prepares awards and administers resulting purchase orders. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders and resolves invoicing issues. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Cost/Price Analysis.
This role emphasizes supplier engagement, management, development and production ramp-up in addition to negotiating and ensuring compliance to high value/complex purchase orders. A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
At BAE Systems, the work you do truly matters. You develop leading-edge products and technologies and deliver world-class services that help safeguard lives, defend freedom, and solve complex problems. Our unwavering commitment to making the world a better and safer place is a constant inspiration for our employees and our greatest source of pride. With BAE Systems, what you do is more than a job. Its inspired work
We offer a 9/80 work schedule, Employee discount programs, flexible hours, growth and development opportunities along with a competitive benefits package.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
- Experience buying across various build to print commodities (CCA's, mechanical/fab, PWB's, cables, optics, etc.)
- Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
- Familiar with Special Processing/Value Add
- Strong Price Analysis skills in determining fair and reasonable pricing
- Commodity Strategy Development/Implementation
- Understanding of Counterfeit Parts Prevention Strategies
- Financial Acumen
- Project/Supplier Management
- Optimize supplier performance and minimizing risk in the supply chain
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Strong Negotiating Skills (Cost, Lead-time, Terms and Conditions, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Works well in high pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a 'make it happen' attitude
- Proficient use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or Associates Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Knowledge of (FAR) Federal Acquisition Regulation & (DFAR) Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation policies and procedures.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- 4 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain, negotiations, price analysis or contract management.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top