Principal Process Engineer-Amp Line
This technical position will be responsible for driving the implementation of strategic process improvements across the Microelectronics Manufacturing Factory (MW North) located in the AMP Center. Strategic process improvements are expected to reduce cost and improve the producibility of Microwave and Millimeterwave products for military-grade aerospace products. The successful candidate will team with Operations Process Engineers across key process areas as well as with the Program Engineering Organization for successful implementation of initiative. Additional responsibilities include providing engineering support to the Manual Assembly Process Area and delivering solid process engineering support to our workforce. This is a senior position where an expectation of providing technical leadership to more junior process engineers is expected on a daily basis.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors degree in a technical field
- Previous experience in process/manufacturing engineering in the microelectronics industry is required
- Manufacturing work where microscopes are routinely used
- Program of automated assembly equipment
- Creation and modification of assembly instructions
- Tooling and fixture design
Applicable experience in a Microelectronics factory is required. Engineering experience in a production environment supporting the manufacturing of a complex assembly would be considered.
- Product knowledge using epoxy component attach and high temperature solders, thermo-sonic wire and ribbon bonding, substrate attach using film epoxy, and other elements of Microelectronics manufacturing technology also desired.
- Knowledge of Business Systems used within Operations (Solumina, TipQA) is preferred
- Familiarity with Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top