Principal Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring for a Principal Mechanical Engineer.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35
pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of
tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put
our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be
a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
This position is for a Mechanical Engineer with 8+ years experience. The candidate shall have experience viewing and manipulating solid models (Pro-E CREO preferred) and have a proven capability in applying Mechanical principles within the design and review process with demonstrated creativity.
Other Role Requirements
- A familiarly with a comprehensive design process is required including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, work hands-on with assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS) is a plus.
- Leading mechanical or cross functional design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
" Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status"
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge of a comprehensive design process and the ability to perform design tasks within a team oriented environment using solid modeling CAD tools. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to design mechanical assemblies and parts
- Ability to assess thermal, dynamic, and material compatibility of design changes
- Ability to review mechanical fabrication drawings and perform tolerance analysis
- Design for Manufacturability and Unit Production Cost
- Experience performing FEA analysis to perform thermal and/or vibration assessments
- Experience with design for corrosive environments
- Knowledge of Military Specifications
- Experience planning and performing environmental testing
- Knowledge of different manufacturing techniques
- Experience in designing electronics included Circuit Card Assemblies, Electronics Assemblies, and Wire / Cable design for RF and Digital Applications.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top