Principal IT Engineer
- McLean, VA
Design, build, secure, integrate and deliver a modern virtual Windows desktop infrastructure and application platform using on-premises and hybrid cloud technologies.
Connect soldiers to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance collaboration and security.
This role requires broad and deep technology knowledge combined with the ability to help create solutions to address the customer requirements.
• working as a member of a small team to deliver a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution on multiple different mission and training networks, providing access via a single thick or thin client device, initially for a US Army customer.
• Applying stringent security controls while implementing and integrating commercial technologies (COTS) to streamline user experience while limiting information access.
• Diagnose performance and security issues.
• Travel to customer locations to perform site surveys, installation, configuration, testing, etc.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT-related Engineering field
• Experience building and/or supporting classified networks
• Windows Server 2016
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Cloud Computing
• Local Area Networking (LAN) experience
• Citrix Virtualization technologies
• Nutanix Cloud technologies
• Next-Generation Firewall experience
• Active Direct Domain Services (AD DS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top