Principal Hardware Engineering Lead
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced leader who possesses proven engineering experience with managing complex integrated electronic hardware, commercial products and associated modules. This position will serve as a Hardware Lead responsible for the following activities:
- Leading multi-discipline, state-of-the- art hardware development efforts on local and remote programs; team includes Mechanical Engineers, RF Engineers and Digital Engineers
- Employing your expertise, decision skills, and independent judgment in technical areas
- Leading critical in-house design review activities for program success
- Communicating essential information and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, Procurement, Operations, Program Management, and Functional Management
- Developing program schedules, earned value criteria, and productivity metrics for efficient performance
- Performing Control Account Manager Duties for all Hardware Content
- Ensuring the established Defense and Commercial Hardware Development Process is implemented successfully
- Supporting program capture and proposal teams with development of hardware baselines and cost/scheduling estimating
- Working with Project Technical Leads to determine program staffing needs and "right person/right job"
- Mentoring and program support to mid-level Hardware Leads
- Providing inputs on personnel performance
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The ability to obtain and hold a DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in engineering development and sustainment in support of DoD military electronics and or commercial products
- Strong technical leadership, effective team player, and solid individual contributor with sound technical fundamentals
- Team leader with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have successfully establish strong working relationships across a company's technical and non-technical functions
- Motivated self-starter and creative problem solver with proven experience executing in diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- Control Account Manager (CAM) certification or relevant experience managing multiple budgets
- Proven history of leading teams engaged in multiple programs / contracts at same time
- Hold an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Masters Degree or Higher
- Experience working in both commercial and DoD electronics business models
- Experience leading teams / projects across multiple remote sites
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top