Principal Engineer - Supplier Quality
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, work with assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to make progress reports and present findings.
You will be reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 25% mostly day trips with some overnight
Additionally you will:
• Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers
• Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non - conformances
- Assist factory representatives with supplier material issues
• Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
• Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base .
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field with 6 years of experience
• Experience in a Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment
• Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System
• Experience with electrical/mechanical inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation
• Working knowledge of supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods including experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system/Quality Management Software system
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in at least two of the following areas:
• Proficient experience with Special Processes, Product Production Line Validation, test, equipment, instrumentation and qualification
• Working knowledge of PWB/CCA inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation (IPC-A-600 or IPC-A-610 certification desired)
• Working knowledge of Cable/Harness inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation
• Experience with optical and/or microwave inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation
• Working knowledge and experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
• Lean Six Sigma
• Green / Black Belt
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top