Principal EMC Electrical Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal EMC Engineer to work in our Nashua, NH location.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the
brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The E3 engineer will lead and participate in the development and analysis of complex electronic warfare products. Working as part of the E3 organization will provide expertise to multiple program teams in the development of systems for sea, land, air and space.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform EMC/EMI technical analysis, as well as design and test on functional systems of company products. This work will require the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field, plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines, (ie mechanical and electrical design concepts).
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Devises new techniques and approaches and provides solutions to a wide range of technical problems by drawing on his/her own areas of technical specialty and consulting with other engineering specialists for technologies where he/she does not have in-depth expertise. Makes independent decisions based on available data, selection of materials and required parameters.
- Evaluates plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommends alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and technical performance objectives.
- Assignments are broad and will include development of new techniques as a result of independent research study; development and evaluation of plans and procedures; theoretical computations and analysis; design and development of equipment with many complex features; testing of procedures, equipment, materials; makes extensive contributions to proposal efforts; responsible for the conduct and performance of assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates work of assistants to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; interprets and directs the preparation of data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments and progress measured against specific plans.
Pursuant to a government contract this specific position requires US citizenship
Typical Education & Experience
Degree and 6 years or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- Must be eligible for a Secret DOD Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in EE (Electrical Engineering), ECE (Electrical and Computer Engineering), or other Scientific degree with suitable E3 content.
- At least 6 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with military EMC requirements such as Mil-Std-461, 462 and 464.
- Experienced conducting research in areas which require a moderately high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of EMC specialization.
- Active DoD security clearance.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top