Principal Electro Optical Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking Electro Optical Systems Engineering candidates to augment our engineering team in the development of leading edge capabilities in the development of electro optical systems. Candidates must demonstrate exceptional knowledge in one or more of the following EO technology analysis areas: Passive sensing, active sensing, optical communications, directed energy, optical pointing and stabilization. The successful candidate will be serve as an individual contributor within the Optical Systems Capability Group that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of electro optical solutions that range from research and development prototypes to full rate production systems.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect, develop CONOPS and requirements, design, model, analyze, and test electro optical systems and components used in a variety of solutions to military/commercial applications.
- Apply or develop highly advanced concepts, techniques, or standards in the creation of EO systems.
- Develop solutions to unusually complex challenges which require exceptional ingenuity.
- Establish precedent for future design and implementation decisions and promote reuse of unique solutions to EO systems challenges.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- In-depth working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Active sensing theory, techniques, components - to including laser sources and characteristics, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR, including applications such as LADAR, vibrometry, and spectrography.
- Passive sensing theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum from UV to LWIR. Application to systems using passive EO sensor data in the amplitude, phase, frequency, and spectrographic domains for detection, tracking, classification and recognition of remotely sensed objects;
- Optical communications theory, techniques, components, and systems across the electro optical spectrum with a particular focus on free-space optical comms. Optical sources including but not limited to lasers and diodes; optical modulators and demodulators; protocols and information theory;
- Optical pointing and stabilization, reflective and refractive pointing systems, optical isolation techniques, closed and open loop control systems; stabilization in inertial and platform reference frames, aperture minimization techniques.
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 10+ years of experience working with active electro- optical systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, or equivalent with 8+ years of experience
- US Citizen with active Secret clearance and eligible for Top Secret clearance.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experienced in developing systems for integration on Space, Flight, and/or Ground Mobile platforms
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top